Remove Empty Directories (RED)
RED searches, displays and deletes empty directories recursively below a given start folder. Furthermore it allows you to create custom rules for keeping and deleting folders (e.g. treat directories with empty files as empty).
- Simple user interface
- Shows empty directories before deleting them
- Supports multiple delete modes (including Delete to recycle bin)
- Allows white and black listing of directories by using filter lists
- Can detect directories with empty files as empty
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and RED might also work with Windows 8 and Linux (by using Mono)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later (the installer should check that)
You are welcome to contribute code!
RED is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Feel free to have a look into the sourcecode behind RED to fix it, fork it, extend it, learn from it, improve it, ...