files2text is a little C# tool that copies all filenames of a given folder into a text file and renames the changed filenames afterwards.
- Choose a directory and click on edit folder
- Your text editor should open with the directory listing
- Edit filenames (use search & replace, regexp, macro's, etc)
- Save the file and close your editor
- A rename preview window should pop up
- Confirm or cancel the displayed changes -> done :)
As a developer I am used to a text editor, so one day I had the idea to create a tool that would allow me to rename files in my favorite text editor.
I'm currently trying to switch from Windows to Linux therefore I'm not sure if I will continue to develop files2text in the future. So feel free to fork and continue the project.
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and might also work on Windows 8 and Linux (by using Mono)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later