This app was originally created as a demo app for a workshop that I instructed in 2019.
These days this project is a fully working example of
NSDiffableDataSource powering a dynamic multi-section collection view.
I keep referring to this project myself whenever I want to remember how to get the full setup going, or if I hit an obscure bug that shouldn't be happening.
Feel free to fork the project and make your own changes.
If you notice a bug or just code that can be improved, PRs are welcome
Created by Marina Gornostaeva.
During the workshop we went through refactoring of this app from using
to using the new diffable data source and compositional layout.
The steps below can be checked out from separate branches in this repo.
Part 1: Diffable Data Source
- Simple data source
- Creating and updating data in different ways
Part 2: Compositional layout
- Basic concepts of compositional layout
- Trying out nested groups and using estimated height
- Different layout for different size classes
- Section inset based on system layout margins
- Supplementary views, headers
After the workshop
WWDC 2019 has two great sessions that go in depth into the new compositional layout and diffable data source.