A brand new hyde
This is the new version of hyde under active development. Hyde documentation is a work in progress and can be found here.
To get the latest released version:
pip install hyde
For the current trunk:
pip install -e git://github.com/hyde/hyde.git#egg=hyde
Creating a new hyde site
The following command:
hyde -s ~/test_site create
will create a new hyde site using the test layout.
Generating the hyde site
cd ~/test_site hyde gen
Serving the website
cd ~/test_site hyde serve open http://localhost:8080
The server also regenerates on demand. As long as the server is running, you can make changes to your source and refresh the browser to view the changes.
A brief list of features
- Support for multiple templates (although only
Jinja2is currently implemented)
- The different processor modules in the previous version are now replaced by a plugin object. This allows plugins to listen to events that occur during different times in the lifecycle and respond accordingly.
- Metadata: Hyde now supports hierarchical metadata. You can specify and override variables at the site, node or the page level and access them in the templates.
- Sorting: The sorter plugin provides rich sorting options that extend the object model.
- Syntactic Sugar: Because of the richness of the plugin infrastructure, hyde can
now provide additional syntactic sugar to make the content more readable. See
autoextendplugin for examples.
- Django Support
- Atom / RSS
Text Compressor (CSS, JS, HTML) Image optimizer