Hydrogen Drum machine
Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux, Mac and Windows. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.
- Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface based on QT 4.
- Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in wav, au and aiff formats
- Support of samples in compressed FLAC file.
Sequencer and mixer
- Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions.
- Time-stretch and pitch functions via rubberband cli.
- Playlist with scripting support
- Advanced tab-tempo
- Director Window with a visual metronome and song position tags
- Timeline with variable tempo
- Import/Export single patterns
- Midi-Learn functionality for many gui elements
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
- JACK, ALSA, PortAudio and OSS audio drivers.
- ALSA MIDI and PortMidi input with assignable midi-in channel (1..16, ALL).
- Import/export of drumkits.
- Export song to wav, aiff, flac or file.
- Export song to midi file.
- Export song to LilyPond format.
Installation: See the INSTALL.txt file.
Happy drumming! :^)