Hydrogen drum machine
Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux, Mac and Windows. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.
Official Website: http://www.hydrogen-music.org
- Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface based on QT 5.
- Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in wav, au and aiff formats
- Support of samples in compressed FLAC file.
- Separate commandline interface (h2cli)
Sequencer and mixer
- Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions.
- Time-stretch and pitch functions via rubberband cli.
- Playlist with scripting support
- Advanced tap-tempo
- Director Window with a visual metronome and song position tags
- Timeline with variable tempo
- Import/Export single patterns
- Midi-Learn functionality for many gui elements
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
- JACK, ALSA, PulseAudio, PortAudio, CoreAudio and OSS audio drivers.
- ALSA MIDI, JACK MIDI, CoreMidi and PortMidi input with assignable midi-in channel (1..16, ALL).
- Import/export of drumkits.
- Export song to wav, aiff, flac or file.
- Export song to midi file.
- Export song to LilyPond format.
Expand to view Hydrogen screenshots
Hydrogen Main Window
Hydrogen File Browser
Hydrogen Sample Editor
Hydrogen Sound Library
More details in the INSTALL.md file.
GPLv2 (more details in the COPYING file.)