A World of Warcraft webapp that helps players determine the best value for their bloods of sargeras and primal sargerite on their realm.
- Compile blood-money
- Make an account on https://dev.battle.net/ and generate an API key
blood-money <api key> (us|eu)
- Look at http://localhost:3000/blood-money or http://localhost:3001/blood-money-eu depending on how blood-money was launched.
- Read token from config (or stick with commandline?)
- Move these println's into a real logging system.
- Save data between runs and use it when bringing the service back up.
- The threading model is presently fairly serial and could be improved such that it was hurt less by stragglers or one buggy realm.
- There's definitely some major CPU usage when the download is running. Possibly some dumb deserialization issue or sorting.
- We should probably move most of the work to the background
thread and make the web thread just essentially take a reader
lock and clone some
- Add some more crafting options now that we have the infrastructure for that.
Things that we might get to if this became more serious:
- Currently does not respect changes in realm lists. Requires a restart to handle those changes.
- Re-implement the
battle_net_api_clientinto something robust: Use a modern version of hyper (means working with futures), flesh out all the method calls, move it into a lib.
- Re-implement on rocket.rs instead of iron.
Although I can't imagine someone else using this: MIT, of course.