Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Halloween release! "Oops, I waited too long to release" edition!
Please forgive me if I missed anything or err, there's just so many changes.
- Python 3.5 support
- Platform-specific pre-requisite instructions in
- Anchor maths, type-checking
- Base class for all TMX-related exceptions
- Windows test script
- animatedsprite module: AnimatedSprite class replaces pyganim
- New demo sprites, tilemap, settings
all()method to Action enum, which returns all available actions
cardinals_and_ordinals()static method to Direction
- Add Scene.render()
- Allow loading of resources from an unpacked directory.
- Create new Direction method, disposition
- more comments!
- better docstrings
- Replace AnimatedSprite.current_frame() with a property of the same function; AnimatedSprite.current_frame is updated with the current frame every time AnimatedSprite.update() is called.
- Change debug walkabout
- Change game/demo's viewport dimensions
- Change debug TMX scene
- Rename LabeledSurfaceAnchors to FrameAnchors
- FrameAnchors.init() now only takes a dictionary. To load with config see new method FrameAnchors.from_config(). Reflecting changes where required.
- Rename AnimatedSpriteFrame to Frame
- Changed dialogbox font size
- Modify Walkabout to inherit pygame.sprite.Sprite. Add image attribute; set by the update method. Blit method split into and uses update method.
$PAGERenvironmental variable instead of
test.shallows for different python versions
README.mdrepo install instructions
- Anchor math
- Bug #80: python 3 unicode issues when reading files in resources.py. Resource files read as binary/rb
- Fix/implement support for Walkabouts which use ONE sprite for ALL action/direction combinations (only)
- Fix Walkabout
update()method so Walkabout's
imageattribute is set to the active animation image, thereafter updating said active animation
- Resolved bug in Direction.from_velocity(): it previously only worked for generating ordinal products whereas there are nonzero values for both axis. This allows for NO direction as well as cardinal directions. Now when a velocity is (0, 0) the returned direction is None.
- pyganim as dependency
- Remove "encoding" as an argument from AnimatedSprite.pil_image_to_pygame_surface()