Map3 Edge on AWS
Step1: Create an account and Key Pair
- Create an account (Please follow AWS instructions)
- Sign in to AWS console
- Create key Pair
- Choose your preferred country (region)
- Click “Create key Pair” button in the page center to create your first key pair
- Create your own key pair name
- Click “Create Key Pair” button
- The Browser will automatically download a key pair file, please save the file for future logins to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- File names may vary across different operational systems
Step2: Deploy Map3 edge node
Click the following link to create new stack.
- US East (Ohio)
- US East (N. Virginia)
- US West (N. California)
- US West (Oregon)
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai)
- Asia Pacific (Seoul)
- Asia Pacific (Singapore)
- Asia Pacific (Sydney)
- Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- Asia Pacific (Hong Kong)
- Canada (Central)
- EU (Frankfurt)
- EU (Ireland)
- EU (London)
- EU (Paris)
- EU (Stockholm)
- South America (São Paulo)
Specify Details. Fill in Stack name, select default InstanceType t2.micro (For Hong Kong or Stockholm region, choose 't3.micro'), and choose the keyname you used when creating key pair in the dropdown menu
Users are recommend to choose ‘t2.micro’, which is a free usage tier.Per month, the AWS free usage tier covers: 750-hour usage and 15GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services. (Please check AWS official websites for more details about Free Usage Tier). When all information filled, click “Create” button to start creating the edge node.
You have now created an edge node. Wait 2–3 minutes for the system to confirm.
Check your edge node operation status by visiting the link below:https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/v2/home#Instances:sort=desc:instanceState Choose your preferred region if you need when opening the link above. Remember to obtain your public IP (you need Ipv4 to view individual node Dashboard)
The node is being prepared
The node is in operation
Tip. 1 Enter you public IP(IPV4 ONLY) on your browser, you can see your own map node dashboard. The username and password for dashboard is “admin”
Tip. 2 Once you deploy the node, you don’t have to always keep your computers live or AWS account logged in.
Tip. 3 You can raise as many Map 3 notes as you wish as long as you follow the instruction above. But please note that Amazon might charge you for this as t2.micro has limited free usage and bandwidth.
Step3: How to delete a node
- Click “Create Stack”dropdown menu, and choose delete Stack
- Click “Yes, Delete” to delete Stack
- Confirm your status