This project uses web3/blockchain/distributed ledger to solve several key challenges for climate change:
- Storing data from energy use, renewable energy production, carbon removal or reduction projects in a permissioned data ledger.
- Tokenizing emissions audits, carbon credits, and energy attribute certificates.
- Validating climate projects by voting through a Distributed Autonomous Organization (DAO).
With it you could implement a variety of use cases, such as developing and monetizing carbon emissions reductions projects; emissions calculations for individuals, companies, and supply chains; and using carbon credits to implement emissions reduction plans.
The code is divided into the following components:
- lib: Common library of code
- fabric: Emissions Data Channel
- hardhat: Net Emissions Token Network and Climate DAO
- app: Applications built on these components, including React user interface and supply chain emissions calculations.
- open-offsets-directory: Voluntary Carbon Offsets Directory
- secure-identities: Support for signing transactions using Vault or web-socket
- supply-chain: Supply Chain Decarbonization
- data: Data for setting up the applications
For more details, see the
- User's Guide
- Open Source Carbon Accounting video
- Hyperledger Carbon Accounting and Neutrality Working Group
- Setup Guide and documentation in each component.
Get involved! Please see How to Contribute to help us build this open source platform for climate action.
Please sign off all your commits. This can be done with
$ git commit -s -m "your message"