Welcome to the Hyperledger Caliper project. Caliper is a blockchain performance benchmark framework, which allows users to test different blockchain solutions with predefined use cases, and get a set of performance test results.
Currently supported blockchain solutions:
- Hyperledger Besu, utilizing the Ethereum adapter.
- Hyperledger Fabric v1.X, v2.X
- FISCO BCOS
Currently supported performance indicators:
- Success rate
- Transaction/Read throughput
- Transaction/Read latency (minimum, maximum, average)
- Resource consumption (CPU, Memory, Network IO, ...)
See the PSWG white paper to find out the definitions and corresponding measurement methods.
For more information on using Caliper, please consult the documentation site
Configuration and usage
See the related documentation page.
How to contact us
If you have any issues using Caliper that the documentation does not help you solve, please reach out to us through the following methods:
- Discord Please feel free to contact us on Discord (instant messaging). We monitor the Caliper channels as closely as possible, but even if you don't have a problem that needs resolving, why not jump on and say hi ... we'd love to hear from you about your experiences and any new features you think we should work on.
- Issues Feel free to raise an issue if you are facing a Caliper related problem
Caliper interacts with multiple blockchain technologies and consequently it might be an issue with the underlying blockchain technology being interacted with. You can seek specific help on these technologies on the same Discord server such as the Fabric or Besu channels.
How to contribute
We welcome contributions to the Caliper code base. Please see Contributing for more information.
Hyperledger Project source code files are made available under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (Apache-2.0), located in the LICENSE file. Hyperledger Project documentation files are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY-4.0), available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.