Novel is a content management system (CMS) built on top of Vapor Swift web framework.
Try our demo project running on Heroku:
- Admin panel: https://novel-demo.herokuapp.com/admin (admin/password)
- Front page: https://novel-demo.herokuapp.com
- API: https://novel-demo.herokuapp.com/api/entries/post
- 5 minutes setup.
- Intuitive admin panel.
- Developer friendly.
- Powerful data model structure based on entry types and custom fields.
- All the functionality provided by Vapor foundation.
- More features are coming...
Please note that this is a work in progress, Novel is under continuous development and is not ready for production usage.
- Swift 3.0.1 or later.
- PostgreSQL >= 9.4.5.
Setting up a new project based on Novel requires a few additional steps, such as copying assets, database configuration, etc. The simplest way to create a new project is to use our Novel CLI tool, which does all the necessary tasks under the hood.
createdb test cd path/to/novel/Config cp postgresql-sample.json ./secrets/postgresql.json
cd path/to/novel/Resources/Web npm install bower install gulp
Generate XCode project:
cd path/to/novel swift package generate-xcodeproj open Novel.xcodeproj
Hyper Interaktiv AS, email@example.com
Novel is built with Vapor, the most used web framework for Swift.
We would love you to contribute to Novel, check the CONTRIBUTING file for more info.
Novel is available under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more info.