- Based in the Chicago area.
- Born on March 15th, 1988.
- Sensitive, introverted, intuitive.
- I'm shy and might comes across as reserved and standoffish at first, but I open up when I get more comfortable with people.
- Aspiring system administrator and programmer.
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from University of Illinois-Springfield.
- Mental illness and mental health advocate.
- Favorite things: free and open software/culture/content/access, diversity, programming, logic, video games, role-playing games, language, and coffee.
- I dislike monocultures, non-consensual power structures, and closed-mindedness.
- He/him/his, they/them/their
- I'm genderfluid. More specifically, I'm a demi-gendered man, which means I identify as mostly masculine and have some feminine markers.
- I have schizoaffective disorder and OCD. I was diagnosed in September of 2007 and have been taking medication since 2006. Secondary symptoms that stem from these include social phobia, selective mutism, speech articulation issues, and agoraphobia.
- I'm an atheist/naturalist and secular humanist.
- Politically, I'm a pragmatic libertarian socialist. I support rationality, democracy, pluralism, and the ideals of the Pirate Party.
- OS: Fedora
- Text editor: Doom Emacs
- Web browser: Firefox
- Shell: Z-shell + Zellij
- Gemini browser: Lagrange and Amfora
I'm very interested in how other people do their computing. I enjoy seeing workstation setups, dotfiles, what software and tools others use as daily drivers, etc.
- Techne: Reference guides and notes I've written
- Gemini capsule via gemini-to-web proxy: gemini://hyperreal.coffee
- Zsh Manual
Below is an outline of things I'm interested in and would like to learn more about:
- Python, Rust, Go
- Unix/Linux system administration
- Computer networking
- Bash, Zsh, shell scripting
- Immutable operating systems
- Containerized workflows
- Programming languages
- Type-safe and memory-safe programming
- Public philosophy and public reasoning
- Gemini protocol and the Smolnet
- Decentralized Internet
- Digital rights
- Free and open software/culture/content/access
- Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Language and linguistics
- Mythology and folklore
- Hacker culture
- Hacker ethic
- High fantasy / medieval fantasy and science fiction
- Role-playing games: Only video games for now, but One of These Days™ I will get into table-top gaming.
My stomping grounds around the Internet:
You can also find me as hyperreal on the Libera.chat and Tilde.chat IRC networks.