based on PHP Markdown Extra 1.2,5
originally developed by boumankan
You can try in your hand.
How to use
Load this script in HTML and call
//example : var html = Markdown( text );
It has possibility of entering infinite loop by some user input because I try to port PHP Markdown Extra with incompatible regular expression test. Please stand by to kill your browser process. I prefer to use it under dual core CPU.
- Emphasis or strong syntax may have a bug.
- Possible to freeze when incomplete syntax.
- Bracket nesting more than twice for link is unsupported. (is as standard spec)
This software is based on BSD license.
Free for modification, redistribution and embedding if copyright included.
Shall we not be liable for any damages caused by this software.
1.2.1 - 2012-12-06
Bugfix version as 1.2.1 released.
- README fixed. #15
- Problem with tab characters fixed. #16
- Redundant comma removed. #17
- Multiple code block was concatenated unexpectedly. #18 #19
1.2.0 - 2012-10-16
Stable version as 1.2.0 released.
1.2 (beta) - 2012-10-11
Completely rewritten based on PHP-Markdown-1.2.5.
1.1 - 2008-05-31
BUGFIX: Reference syntax with empty title. (Thanks to reporter)
1.0 - 2006-07-08