Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Create a base CentOS 7 image for installation of all HySDS component instances
- Start up a CentOS 7 instance. Use image from http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/ for private cloud provisioning. For public cloud provisioning use CentOS 7 x86_64 HVM image at https://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS.
- Log into instance as user centos and sudo to root:
sudo su -
- Disable SELinux by modifying
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of three two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected. # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
- Install EPEL repo, update and upgrade:
yum install -y epel-release yum update
- Install requisite yum packages:
yum -y install puppet puppet-firewalld nscd chrony wget curl subversion git vim screen
- Clean yum cache:
yum clean all
- Clean cloud-init data:
rm -rf /var/lib/cloud/*
- Create an image of this instance using the method that pertains to your private/public cloud implementation. This image will now be used for generating all other HySDS component instances.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.