MagicPad is an OpenPGP encryption / decryption tool for beginners to handle text messages, files, as well as embed and extract encrypted messages from images. It is designed to be run standalone via the browser. Using PGP as the main encryption engine, the encryption key generated in MagicPad are powerful 4096-bit keys.
- No data collection. Can be used offline. Available as a Chrome offline app, and mobile progressive web app. No server-side interaction.
- Create, upload, and search for PGP keys.
- Easy to understand language. You want to read, write, or attach a file?
- Mobile friendly PWA (progressive web app). Can be saved to home screen. Tested on Android and iOS.
- Store keys as images as well as hide and reveal encrypted messages in images.
You can run / build MagicPad several ways:
- Run it online, or as a PWA, or offline Chrome app on
- Clone and run
./app/index.htmlvia web browser
- Clone, build, and run via web browser
npm install npm run dist
In the build procedure, the following happens:
- HTML files in the
./html_srcfolder are combined into a single
- JS files in
./app/jsare added as
index.html. (Step 1 and 2 are controlled by
index.htmlis saved to
- All other files are static in
./appand are not altered.
If you want to host your own MagicPad PWA, you must edit the
manifest.json file in
- url, path, fs-extra, ncp, and jsdom packages
- Font and design styling by IBM
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.
Please make sure to update tests as appropriate.