Given a background photo, this tool allows you to draw lines on top of it whose relative lengths in pixel are shown. Double-clicking on a line allows you to set a 'reference size', all the other numbers are adjusted accordingly.
Use this for instance by taking a picture of something with a ruler in the same focus; use the ruler to set a reference size and now you have correct measurements for the other parts in the picture.
- Open augenmass.html in your browser.
- Choose background image file. (Nothing is uploaded anywhere, this is just used locally by your browser).
- Draw lines on top of your background image. First click first point, second click second point. ESC key if you want to cancel the current line.
- The loupe shows a magnified view of the area the mouse cursor is covering.
- Double-click on a number to enter some value. The other lines are automatically re-calculated according to that factor.
- Right-click to either abort the current line or delete the closest line.
- If you start the line exactly where another one stopped, the angle between the lines is indicated. The loupe functionality will help you match the points.
- You can download the result as transparent overlay PNG image.