A curated list of resources to help writing/maintain open source libraries
- CIS 399 Fall 2016: Open Source Software at University of Pennsylvania
- Open Source College Hackathon at University of Illinois
- Google Summer of Code
- Rails Girls Summer of Code
- Undergraduate Capstone Open Source Projects, Canada
- FOSS Minor at Rochester Institute of Technology
- Open Source Studio - ITP, Tisch, NYU
- How to be an open source gardener: Steve Klabnik has a good metaphor for how one can think about open source maintenance (tending to issues, triaging, etc).
- First Timers Only: Kent C. Dodds - A suggestion to Open Source project maintainers...
- Open Source Stamina: Kent C. Dodds - You contribute best to something you use regularly.
- User Centric Development in the Early Days of jQuery: John Resig talks about building a oss community and empathy for users at JQuerySF.
- makeapullrequest.com: Kent C. Dodds - A badge to put on your repos to make them more encouraging to new comers
- The Changelog - Interviews with open source project maintainers.
- Request for Commits - Explores different perspectives in open source sustainability.
- Hope in Source - Conversations about the intersections of open source and faith.
- lemonade-stand - A guide for financial support in open source
- awesome-paid-open-source - Collection of links around paid/sustainable open source development
To the extent possible under law, Henry Zhu has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.