A bot used by the
Babel team to automate common tasks in GitHub repositories. Allows taking action on events triggered from the GitHub webhooks API.
- Create a new comment on newly opened issues
- Reply to issue with canned response when
Needs Infolabel is added
- Add labels to new PRs identifying which packages from the monorepo have been touched
Future Bot Ideas
Adding a New Event
- Look at the list of GitHub webhook events to determine which your rule should respond to.
- Find (or create) a folder under
src/handlerswith the name matching the name of the GitHub
- Create a new JS file under the directory, with the name matching the
actionyou want your code to be triggered for
- Export a default function that accepts 1 argument, which will be the payload from GitHub each time the event is triggered.
Examples of existing event rules can be found in
Setting up AWS Lamdba/API Gateway as a Test Environment
Visit the guide for detailed instructions.
Examples of how to test a handler can be seen in
Deploying a New Version to AWS Lamdba
This process is currently manual, but will likely be automated in the future.
yarn run package, which will create
function.zipin the root of the repository
- Login to the AWS console, and find the function in the Lambda dashboard, under
- Click the
Uploadbutton under the
Code Entry Typeshould be set to
Upload a .ZIP file)