- I wanted to create a simple, interactive visualization with minimal scrolling.
- Use the mouse to drag/create filters on the many variables in the data, which changes the histograms/map.
- You can make filters for each variable, letting one ask many questions.
- I also added a few example questions with links to get people started.
- Given the data (school grades, demographics, location, etc)
- Guide users through previous analysis (questions, observations).
- Allowing filtering of relevant features (location, grades, demographics, etc) for their own exploration.
- Add more questions and analysis
- Further filters
- Different views of the data
- Change colors/size of points on map
- HTML, JS , CSS
- Bootstrap, jQuery
- Libraries: d3.js, crossfilter.js, topojson.js
- Tools: Sublime Text 2, Yeoman
- Data: node.js to parse csv's
- Hosting: Heroku
Feedback on data provided
- (1,2,3 = decrease, same, increase) in grades - isn't that helpful
- 1-13 = Grades F-A - use percentages?
- missing/inconsistent data
This Kaggle Entry is under CC.