Conflict of Character
Conflict of Character is playground and testbed for the student projects of the Plymouth University ILLGA400PP Character module.
To test your animations:
- Download and unzip the Zip file.
- Put your files (see below) into the directory
XYis your assigned number.
- In the main directory start a webserver: If you already have Atom with live-server installed (GAD), use that. On university machines or on your own Mac you can start a terminal, then type:
cd [the directory that was created unpacking the Zip file][Enter]
- Open a browser window and type
localhost:8000[Enter] into the address bar
Ask in class for other setups or if you have problems.
- name.txt: the name of your character
- portrait.png: a portrait
- idle.png: This animation is played when your character is standing.
- walk.png: This animation is played when your 1 character is walking (the same animation to walk towards and away from the opponent).
- attack.png: This animation is played when your character executes an attack.
- defense.png: This animation is played when your character does a defense / block.
- special.png: This animation is played when your character makes a special move.
- gothit.png: This animation is played when your character got hit.
- win.png: This animation is played when your character wins.
- lose.png: This animation is played when your character loses.
Optional files (not marked)
- background.png: a background image
- attack.mp3: This very short sound is played during an attack.
- defense.mp3: This very short sound is played during an defense.
- special.mp3: This short sound is played during the special move.
- gothit.png: This very short sound is played when your character got hit.
- win.mp3: This (max. 4 seconds) sound / melody is when the character wins.
- lose.mp3: This (max. 4 seconds) sound / melody is played when the character loses.
Details are in the Brief.
- code: MIT License (see LICENSE)
- mountain background: CC0
- crying sound: User hinsinger, freesound.crg, CC BY 3.0
- fighter artworks and sounds are copyright of their respective creators and cannot be used without explicit permission.
- OK screenflow
- OK main screen elements
- OK asset loader
- OK test animations
- OK setup fighters (incl. mirroring)
- OK complete set of test animations
- OK input
- OK trigger animations
- OK squashed nasty bug (must load texture before adding animation)
- OK adaptive frame rate for animations
- OK got hit animation
- OK collision handling
- OK animation timing
- OK defense move handling
- OK winning and losing
- OK health
- OK game over screen
- OK fighter selection
- OK ready screen
- OK names
- OK display text
- OK backgrounds
- OK health bar
- OK iterate placement of titles, sprites
- OK fix up/down selection
- OK attack specific bodies / bounding boxes
- OK audio
- OK fix transition to gameOverScreen
- OK fix keymashing after win
nice to have
- webfonts? https://fonts.google.com/featured/High-Impact+Vernacular+Display?category=Serif,Sans+Serif,Display,Monospace&selection.family=Montserrat
- all kinds of ui effects / tweens
- all kinds of fighting effects / shaders
- get ready...fight dynamic display
- winner dynamic display
- separate bodies? (collision instead of overlap)
- help / options screen
- gamepad support
- game get focus at the beginning
- blocking attacks for a certain time after hit
code improvements, bug fixes