Clone this wiki locally
Before you begin...
- Ensure your AppleTV is on one of the supported firmwares.
- Ensure you have Python 2.7.x installed - eg. OSX 10.7+ has this pre-installed. (3.x is not supported).
- Download the latest version of PlexConnect.
- Ensure your PlexConnect machine has a fixed IP - ie. set an IP reservation on your DHCP master. See this Lifehacker Guide for additional hints.
- Ensure a recent Plex Media Server is installed, running and has access to all your media.
Setup your Host
Setup your aTV
- DNS Configuration: AppleTV on Ethernet or AppleTV Wi-Fi
- Certificate Installation: Network via PlexConnect (preferred) or USB / iPhone Configuration Utility
FAQ and (more specific) common issues...