Clone this wiki locally
If you are a Python developer and want to contribute code then the roadmap below may help you identify specific areas for pull requests.
- Plex Home
- Global Search
- XML template structure rework (under the hood)
- Tabbed playlist
- Media Badges in preplay screen
Things to do...
Short Term... fix:
- PMS SSL/encryption
- Subtitle renderer: sync issue after RW/FF/jumping in the file - currently blaming PMS/transcoder?!?
- Stacked files: resume into subsequent parts - aTV's "playlist" doesn't seem to support that.
- Option to show numbers (e.g. 8/10) instead of stars for ratings
- Handle broken channel messages (https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect/issues/213)
- Explanations in the settings.cfg file for config options
- Ability to delete files from PMS
- Support indexed media files for fwd/rwd previews
- Add "view transcoderstate" at start of playing (/resuming?) media file - similar to clock or end time
- Fling media to PlexConnect (if it can be done well)
- Pseudo random selection on pivot screens for genres (this would be better served based at the PMS end)
- Pressing the play button on a season of a TV show will automatically play the first partially watched / unwatched episode
- Built in update mechanism (see third party apps...)
- Helper application(s) for OSX/Win/Linux (see third party apps...)
- Global on deck section (aggregated local sections) at root of menu
- MyPlex fast user switching
- Separate media profiles for the ATV2 and ATV3 (reduce probability of transcoding on ATV3)
- Utilise GZIP communication PMS->PlexConnect; enable/disable it depending on processor power vs network speed (LAN/WAN)
- Implement log rotation based on date and/or size
- Aperture plugin working
- Audio offset option
- Python 3 support