Ryzen Instruction Monitor
Lazy ass example for reading Ryzen Performance Monitor Counters (PMC) as defined in the Open-Source Register Reference For AMD Family 17h ProcessorsModels 00h-2Fh.
Currently reading the following counters:
- IS: PMCx0C1 [Retired Uops]
- BI: PMCx0C2 [Retired Branch Instructions]
- LS: PMCx029 [LS Dispatch]
- FP: PMCx0CB [Retired MMX™/FP Instructions]
- FM: PMCx003 [Retired SSE/AVX Operations]
- OI: IS-(BI+LS+FP+FM)
Displayed as "GI", meaning "Giga Instructions per Second".