iBurn is an offline map and guide for the Burning Man art festival.
Got iOS? You'll love iBurn for iOS.
Make sure your Android SDK packages are up to date.
$ git clone https://github.com/Burning-Man-Earth/iBurn-Android --recursive
$ cd ./iBurn-Android
$ touch ./iBurn/src/main/java/com/gaiagps/iburn/SECRETS.kt && open ./iBurn/src/main/java/com/gaiagps/iburn/SECRETS.kt
Copy the following into
package com.gaiagps.iburn const val UNLOCK_CODE = "WHATEVER_PASSWORD" const val IBURN_API_URL = "https://SOME_API" const val MAPBOX_API_KEY = "YOUR_MAPBOX_KEY"
Copy the following into
$ ./gradlew assembleDebugor from Android Studio invoke 'Import Project' and select the
Note: Camp, Art and Event location data (
events.json) are embargoed by the Burning Man Organization until the gates open each year. Sorry!
Fortunately, you can still run and test the app with the previous year's data.
- Pretty up that item detail view.
- Handle bundled database migrations so we allow app updates to use newer bundled data without using user modifications like favorites
- Investigate Mapbox offline issues. Seems like it's possible Mapbox gets into a state where it stops displaying the map
If bundled tiles are updated, you can change MapProvider.MBTILE_DESTINATION to force all upgrades to copy the bundled tiles.
Put bundled database in
./iBurn/main/assets/databases, make sure PlayaDatabase2.kt filename is up to date, and bump version to force a dump-and-recopy.
Working with mock data
events.json.js in ./iBurn/src/main/assets/json, and add
the following code somewhere on app start, like MainActivity#onCreate ~L#130:
IBurnService service = new IBurnService(context, new MockIBurnApi(context)); service.updateData().subscribe(success -> Timber.d("Update result success: %b", success));
Make sure you've:
Set embargo date correctly in
Embargo.java, and set
Incremented the version code and name in ./iBurn/build.grade The final pre-signed store release should be built with:
$ ./gradlew assembleRegularUnsigned
Pass the resulting apk off for signing. Then zipalign before publishing:
$ zipalign -f -v 4 ./signed.apk ./signed-aligned.apk
Thank you for your interest in contributing to iBurn! Please open up an issue on our tracker before starting work on major interface or functionality changes. Otherwise, feel free to run wild!
- Fork the project and do your work in a feature branch.
- Make sure everything compiles and existing functionality is not broken.
- Open a pull request.
- Thank you! :)
Your contributions will need to be licensed to us under the MPL 2.0 and will be distributed under the terms of the MPL 2.0.
- Chris Ballinger - iOS Development, Map Warping
- David Chiles - iOS Development, Map Styling
- David Brodsky - Android Development, Map Data
- Savannah Henderson - Map Styling
- Andrew Johnstone - Map Data (thank you!!)
- Andrew Johnson - iBurn 2009-2013
- Icons8 - Various icons used throughout the app.
© 2016 David Brodsky
Data: CC BY-SA 4.0