Tentative AM Schedule
Morning session - "Career development for computational biologists: How five computational evolutionary biologists succeed in their careers"
9:15-10:30: Plenary talks - five biologists speak about their work. Each panelist will give a short talk about what type of research they do, what type of institution they are at, and what mentorship, funding, research, and teaching look like for them.
- Sara Handy - Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Luay Nakhleh - Department of Computer Science, Rice University.
- C. Brandon Ogbunu - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Brown University
- Stephanie Spielman - Department of Biological Sciences, Rowan University
- Mallory Choudoir - Indigo Ag
10:45 - Noon: Panel discussion - Audience and prepared questions.