Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
What is new?
- Bag Of Tasks (BoT): Bag Of Tasks Deals can now be processed by the middleware.
- Use of iexec input files: Sometimes external resources are needed to run a computation without using a dataset, that is what input files are for.
- Whitelisting: Now the core can define a whitelist of workers that are allowed to connect to the pool.
- Https: Workers can connect to the core using https.
What is patched?
- The project has been updated to java 11 and web3j 4.3.0
- Internal refactoring to handle replicates update better
- Limit workers that ask for replicates too often
- Update workers configuration when they disconnect/reconnect
- Full end-to-end encryption inside a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) powered by Intel(R) SGX #307
- Implemented the Proof-of-Contribution (PoCo) Sarmenta's formula for a greater task dispatching #305
This release is a patch to fix an issue following the release of version 3.0.0.
When asking for a replicate, a worker sends the latest available block number from the node it is is connected to. If that node is a little bit behind the node the core is connected to, the worker will have a disadvantage compare to workers connected to more up-to-date nodes. To avoid this disadvantage, now the core waits for a few blocks before sending replicates to workers.
This release contains the core set of changes in the 3.0.0-alpha-X releases and some other features/fixes.
In summary this version introduces:
- A new architecture: the core has been completely re-architectured from the version 2
- Latest PoCo use
- Better management of transaction with the ethereum blockchain
- Failover mechanisms: in case some workers are lost or restarted when working on a specific task, internal mechanisms will redistribute the task or use as much as possible the work performed by the lost / restarted workers
- iExec End-To-End Encryption with Secret Management Service (SMS): from this version, inputs and outputs of the job can be fully encrypted using the Secret Management Service.
- Decentralized oracle: If the result is needed by a smart contract, it is available directly on the blockchain.
- IPFS: data can be retrieved from IPFS and public results can be published on IPFS
For further informations on this version, please read our documentation
- #200 Possibility to choose between slow and fast transactions
- #230 Embedded IPFS node for default iexec-worker push of the results
- #234 Better engine for supporting iexec-worker disconnections and recovery actions
- #248 Brand new Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipeline
- #255 Enabled SockJS over HTTP WebSocket sub-protocol to bypass some proxies
Some improvements have been made on the core:
#158 Some general refactoring on the detectors.
#173 Bug fix regarding the new PoCo version.
#174 The core now also checks the errors on the blockchain sent by the workers.
Enhancement regarding the result repo.
Updated PoCo chain version 3.0.21