INAV - navigation capable flight controller
- Outstanding navigation performance out of the box
- Position Hold, Altitude Hold, Return To Home and Missions
- Excellent support for fixed wing UAVs: airplanes, flying wings
- Pitot tube support
- Rangefinder support (sonar and laser)
- Oneshot and Multishot ESC support.
- Blackbox flight recorder logging (to onboard flash or external SD card).
- Support for more than 8 RC channels - (e.g. 16 Channels via FrSky X4RSB SBus).
- Support for N-Position switches via flexible channel ranges - not just 3 like baseflight or 3/6 in MultiWii
- Lux's new PID (uses float values internally, resistant to looptime variation).
- Simultaneous Bluetooth configuration and OSD.
- Better PWM and PPM input and failsafe detection than baseflight.
- Better FrSky Telemetry than baseflight.
- LTM Telemetry.
- Smartport Telemetry.
- RSSI via ADC - Uses ADC to read PWM RSSI signals, tested with FrSky D4R-II and X8R.
- OLED Displays - Display information on: Battery voltage, profile, rate profile, version, sensors, RC, etc.
- In-flight manual PID tuning and rate adjustment.
- Rate profiles and in-flight selection of them.
- Multiple simultaneous telemetry providers.
- Configurable serial ports for Serial RX, Telemetry, MSP, GPS - Use most devices on any port, softserial too.
- Multi-color RGB LED Strip support (each LED can be a different color using variable length WS2811 Addressable RGB strips - use for Orientation Indicators, Low Battery Warning, Flight Mode Status, etc)
- PIDs from CF/BF can be used in INAV, no need to retune for INAV
- And many more minor bug fixes.
For a list of features, changes and some discussion please review the thread on RCGroups forums and consult the documentation.
Official too for INAV can be downloaded here. It can be run on Windows, MacOS and Linux machines and standalone application.
INAV Blackbox Explorer
Tool for Blackbox logs analysis is available here
Telemetry screen for OpenTX
Users of FrSky Taranis X9 and Q X7 can use INAV Lua Telemetry screen created by @teckel12 . Software and installation instruction are available here: https://github.com/iNavFlight/LuaTelemetry
Documentation, support and learning resources
- Official documentation
- Official Wiki
- Slack channel
- RC Groups Support
- Video series by Painless360
- Video series by Paweł Spychalski
Contributions are welcome and encouraged. You can contribute in many ways:
- Documentation updates and corrections.
- How-To guides - received help? help others!
- Bug fixes.
- New features.
- Telling us your ideas and suggestions.
The best place to start is the IRC channel on freenode (see above), drop in, say hi. Next place is the github issue tracker:
Before creating new issues please check to see if there is an existing one, search first otherwise you waste peoples time when they could be coding instead!
Please refer to the development section in the docs/development folder.