Nordlys is a toolkit for entity-oriented and semantic search, created by the IAI group at the University of Stavanger.
Entities (such as people, organizations, or products) are meaningful units for organizing information and can provide direct answers to many search queries. Nordlys is a toolkit for entity-oriented and semantic search.
Nordlys supports 3 functionalities in the context of entity-oriented search:
- :doc:`Entity retrieval <er>`: Returns a ranked list of entities in response to a query
- :doc:`Entity linking <el>`: Identifies entities in a query and links them to the corresponding entry in the Knowledge base
- :doc:`Target type identification <tti>`: Detects the target types (or categories) of a query
Check our :doc:`Web interface documentation <web_gui>` for illustration of each of these functionalities.
Nordlys can be used ...
- through a :doc:`web-based GUI <web_gui>`
- through a :doc:`RESTful API <restful_api>`
- as a :doc:`command line tool <cmd_usage>`
- as a :doc:`Python package <api/nordlys>`
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 1 installation data restful_api web_gui cmd_usage architecture Python package documentation <api/nordlys> contact