Chrome extension that provides shortcuts to math symbol replacements for what you're typing.
Unfortunately, it appears Chrome has been updated to remove the functionality that makes this extension work properly. It is no longer maintained, and is unlikely to be updated unless the functionality returns in some form. My apologies!
Available on the Chrome Web Store! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shalin/pdakidnecjjjcekpdccdjhombkklccnh
- Instantly change trigger words into the associated symbol using "`"
- No external calls (runs locally)
- Most symbols from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathematical_symbols
To-do (in no particular order)
- Add landing page at http://shalin.benpotter.ca
- Add options page
- Add ability to change trigger key
- Add more user-friendly way to add your own symbols
- Add popup that recommends the extension be disabled when a password field is detected
- Clean up existing UI
- Clean up code
- Add comments