Regolith is a WordPress installation template that employs best practices, but is also tailored for less demanding projects, and aims to automate as much maintenance as possible.
- Organized file system layout
- Designed to work with Apache and shared hosting
- Version your custom code and configuration in Git
- Manage 3rd party plugin/theme dependencies with a simple text file and WP-CLI
- The list of dependencies is tracked in Git, but their code is not, so your repository stays lean and uncluttered
- Core/plugin/theme updates are installed automatically every hour (including major releases of Core)
- Deploy to production with Deployer, and immediately run smoke tests to catch fatal errors
- Automatically backup production database on a customizable schedule, and before every deployment
- Optional configuration for Multisite with domain mapping
- Includes configuration and integration for several security and performance plugins/services
- Outputs a content flag designed for external monitoring services
- Displays the current environment in the Admin Bar (i.e., development or production)
Check out some screenshots to get a taste of working with it.