A Cards Against Humanity style game for a single room of users. The code's still pretty WIP.
Runs on Node.js.
npm install express
npm install socket.io
npm install uuid
prompts.json (these are the black cards in CAH, or the green ones in Apples to Apples) and
responses.json (likewise, the white and red cards) in a subfolder of /decks based off the /decks/example files. These can be in the style of either of those games, or anything else that follows a prompt : response(s) format.
Once that's done, run
node server.js deck[,deck2,deck3...] wildcardPercentage and open
localhost:8080 in your web browser. Three or more players are required for a game.
Card JSON Structure
Prompts: text, subtext, extra responses†
Responses: text, subtext
†How many extra responses are played to that prompt. So, a "Make a haiku: ____ / ____ / ____" prompt would need 2 extras.
- connection loss handling is incomplete
- a way to see round history
- added wildcard response card that lets players be creative (frequency is set when running the server)
- significant refactoring (still WIP)
- added some animations and UI polish
- added game state sync for new joiners
- cards are now refunded if a round is terminated due to someone leaving
- now allow multiple decks to be loaded
- autofocus on username entry field
- fixed blank username bug
- fixed bug in indices of cards
- earlier version