git clone https://github.com/ianks/linux-sched-benchmark.git
- Gain ability to run node in sudo here: nodenv-sudo
- Run the script:
nodenv sudo node main.js <path/to/process> <num_processes> <typeof_scheduler>
- The output will be saved as a csv file inside of the data folder.
Here, the path the process is the location of either:
- I/O bound process (i.e a file that reads and writes to disk)
- CPU bound process (i.e. a file that computes n-digits of pi)
- Hybrid process (mix of both types specified above)
The scheduler types that were tested were:
- SCHED_RR (Real Time)
- SCHED_FIFO (Real Time)
- SCHED_OTHER (Completely Fair).
nodenv sudo node main.js procs/pi 15 SCHED_FIFO
Output file: data/SCHED_FIFO/pi-15.csv