Skyway Bridge Status
This project is aimed at helping Tampa Bay commuters plan for unexpected closures of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. This web application collects real-time weather and traffic data from reputable sources, and displays that data on a front-facing website (SkywayBridgeStatus.com).
The eventual goal of this project is to create a closure prediction model that is available to the public.
- Data collection and compiling – ACTIVE, ONGOING SINCE JUNE 2017
- Near real-time reporting on front facing website (SkywayBridgeStatus.com) – ACTIVE, ONGOING SINCE JUNE 2017
- Automated status updates to commuters via various channels (email, text, social, etc.) – IN DEVELOPMENT
- Closure prediction forecasting and reporting – QUEUED
I certainly welcome other contributers to this project! If you'd like to discuss contributing please email me at email@example.com, or submit a pull request for any documented issue.
- Clone the repo to your environment
- Deploy a MySQL instance and import the table schema found in the
/public/config_template.phpand rename to
/public/config.phpfor the front-end config.
/app/data_scraper/php_scrapers/config_template.phpand rename to
/app/data_scraper/php_scrapers/config.phpfor the data scraper config.
- Add in the required parameters to both config files (let me know if you have any questions)
- Point your web server to use
/publicas the web root
- Execute data scraper jobs via the command line to gather data and store to MySQL.
That's it, you're ready to roll!