On-page SEO optimization list.
- Install Google Analytics
- Set Up Google Search Console
- Check Google’s Search Console for crawl errors, duplicate content errors, missing titles and other technical errors
- Spot-check redirect problems (specifically, 302 errors that should be 301s) Browseo.net
- Look for broken links, errors, and crawl problems Screaming Frog
- Perform keyword research Adwords Keyword Planner, KWFinder, KewworldTool.io, SemRush
- Try to get your primary keyword into your page URL Url best practices
- Add your keyword to your title tag. Is your title tag compelling? Title tag preview tool
- Add your keyword to your meta description. Is your meta description compelling?
- Add your keyword to your H1 tag. Make sure to only use one H1 tag, and make sure it shows up in the document before H2, H3 etc.
- Add crawlable text to your page
- Use synonyms in your copy. What synonyms means
- Use words discovered through latent semantic indexing in your copy. LSIGraph
- Add descriptive ALT tags and filenames to your pages
- Link to other pages on your site with SEO-friendly text. Best practices for internal linking
- Make sure you don’t have duplicate content (non-www to www redirects)
- Check your site’s speed and keep it fast! Google Page Speed tool
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. Google Mobile Friendly test tool
- Create an XML sitemap and submit it to Google Search Console
- Create a robots.txt file and submit it to Google Search Console, Google Robots.txt
- Claim your brand name on as many social networking sites as possible. Namechk
- Use an SEO Audit Tool to double-check everything. Seo Audit links
Credits and references