Example : echo
This example uses the echo example web service that is built into RTCP and includes:
- A RIT project which contains a test to exercise the echo operation of the web service.
The integrated web service examples can be found at http://localhost:7819/RTCP/examples/. The echo web service provides an echo operation which simple returns any string it is sent. The definition of the service can be found here http://localhost:7819/RTCP/examples/echo/echoService/echo.wsdl. It is this definition that was used to create the test.
Post download instructions
After download of the Examples project the folder structure for the echo example is:
echo rit-projects rit-project-echo.zip
- Unzip rit-projects/rit-project-echo.zip. This contains a RIT project echo.ghp
- Start RIT
- Select Open, then navigate to the echo/echo.ghp file
- Go to "Test Lab" (F11)
- Right click on test1
- Test should execute 100% complete
- developerWorks blog entry : Rational Integration Tester example - Creating a test from WSDL