Simple Data Pipe Connector for flightstats.com
This connector generates training, test and blind data for the flight predictor spark MLLib application. It uses the flightstats API to fetch flight departure information for selected US airports, combines it with local weather data and stores the data sets using the Simple Data Pipe SDK in Cloudant.
Need to load data from other sources? Check out the connector repository.
To load flightstats.com data you have to have a developer account. A 30 day trial is available for evaluation purposes.
Deploy the Simple Data Pipe
Deploy the Simple Data Pipe in Bluemix using the Deploy to Bluemix button or manually.
This connector requires the Weather Company Data service in IBM Bluemix to be bound to the Simple Data Pipe application.
$ cf create-service weatherinsights Free weather $ cf bind-service simple-data-pipe weather $ cf restage simple-data-pipe
Pro Tip: If you want to re-use an existing instance that is not named
weather, create a USER-DEFINED Environment Variable in the Simple Data Pipe application named WEATHER and set its value to the name of the existing Weather Company Data service. (Show me how - Bluemix) (Show me how - Cloud Foundry client)
Install the flightstats.com connector
Install the connector using these instructions into the Simple Data Pipe.
Enable OAuth support and collect connectivity information
Before the Simple Data Pipe can connect to flightstats.com, complete these steps:
- Log in to the flightstats.com developer center.
- Open the Dashboard.
- Take note of the APPLICATION ID and APPLICATION KEY.
Using the flightstats.com Connector
- Open the Simple Data Pipe web console.
- Select Create A New Pipe.
- Select Flight Stats for the Type, provide a unique pipe Name (e.g. my flightstats demo pipe) and an optional Description.
- In the Connect page, fill in the Application ID and the Application Key from the flightstats developer center.
- Select which data sets to retrieve: all, training, test or blind.
- Schedule a pipe run or run the pipe immediately.
Copyright  IBM Cloud Data Services
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.