Python for IBM Watson IoT Platform
Python module for interacting with the IBM Watson IoT Platform.
Note: Support for MQTT with TLS requires at least Python v2.7.9 or v3.4, and openssl v1.0.1
Install the latest version of the library with pip
# pip install ibmiotf
Uninstalling the module is simple.
# pip uninstall ibmiotf
Please note the documentation is very much a work in progress at the moment, and is being addressed under Issue #112. Additional documentation for the library is available in Bluemix, but it's a little out of date in places:
- Device Connectivity: Connect your device(s) to Watson IoT Platform with ease using this library
- Gateway Connectivity: Connect your gateway(s) to Watson IoT Platform with ease using this library
- Application connectivity: Connect your application(s) to Watson IoT Platform with ease using this library
- Watson IoT API: Support for the interacting with the Watson IoT Platform through REST APIs
- SSL/TLS: By default, this library connects your devices, gateways and applications securely to Watson IoT Platform registered service. Ports
443support secure connections using TLS with the MQTT and HTTP protocol. Support for MQTT with TLS requires at least Python v2.7.9 or v3.4, and openssl v1.0.1
- Device Management for Device: Connects your device(s) as managed device(s) to Watson IoT Platform.
- Device Management for Gateway: Connects your gateway(s) as managed device(s) to Watson IoT Platform.
- Device Management Extensions: Provides support for custom device management actions.
- Scalable Applications: Supports load balancing of MQTT subscriptions over multiple application instances.
- Auto Reconnect: All clients support automatic reconnect to the Platform in the event of a network interruption.
- Event/Command publish: Offers a pure HTTP client supporting messaging over HTTP in addition to the full features client that utilizes HTTP and MQTT technologies as appropriate
- Data Format Support: JSON, XML, & user-defined.
- Websockets: Support device/gateway/application connectivity to Watson IoT Platform using WebSocket
- Client side Certificate based authentication: Client side Certificate based authenticationn