Python support for IBM DB2 and IBM Informix
Python, DB-API, Django/Django_jython and SQLAlchemy components for IBM DB2 and Informix
Provides Python, Django and SQLAlchemy support for IBM DB2 and Informix
Table of contents
[Latest Updates](#latest updates)
[Contributing to the ibm_db python project](#contributing to the ibm_db python project)
Components (Python Eggs)
The ibm_db Python Egg contains:
- ibm_db driver: Python driver for IBM DB2 and IBM Informix databases. Uses the IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI APIs to connect to IBM DB2 and Informix.
- ibm_db_dbi: Python driver for IBM DB2 and IBM Informix databases that complies to the DB-API 2.0 specification. Checkout the README for getting started with ibm_db and ibm_db_dbi
The ibm_db_django: Django adapter for IBM DB2 databases. Supports latest Django versions and Django on Jython as well. Checkout the README for using DB2 with Django
The ibm_db_sa: SQLAlchemy adapter for IBM DB2 and IBM Informix databases. Supports SQLAlchemy 0.7.3 and above. Checkout the README to get you started
The ibm_db_alembic: Alembic adaptor for IBM DB2 databases. Supports Alembic-0.6.5 and above
Additional information is available in the README files provided in the Python Eggs and also the source repository. .
Use following pypi web location for downloading source code and binaries
- ibm_db: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ibm_db .
- ibm_db_django: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ibm_db_django .
- ibm_db_sa: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ibm_db_sa .
- ibm_db_alembic: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ibm_db_alembic .
Support for Alembic
Oct 29th 2014: IBM DB2 backend support in Alembic application is now available to the community. Right now it is in beta stage.
Support for Django
Mar 23th 2017: New Release of IBM_DB_DJANGO (18.104.22.168) with Python3.x support made.
Support for SQLAlchemy
Aug 30th 2016: New Release of IBM_DB_SA (0.3.3) made.
Mar 23rd 2016: A new release 2.0.7 of ibm_db and ibm_db_dbi.
Support for Django on Jython
ibm_db_django supports Django on Jython (on Jython-Django v1.0.x and v1.1.x are supported).
- Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ibm_db
Contributing to the ibm_db python project
The developer sign-off should include the reference to the DCO in remarks(example below): DCO 1.1 Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <email@example.com>