A simple market sim. The main point is to build a playground for me to experiment with and learn about various concepts and technologies (OTP, high-traffic servers, monitoring, various protocols and eventually crawling, web mining, AI, NLP and ML). For now, just playing with an infrastructure, while all events are random, eventually "mock_market_exchange" will facilitate trading competition between competing trading agents. Once protocol is designed, any implementation should be able join the trading competition.
I don't actually know anything (nor much care) about the problem domain, it just seems like a convenient, simple paradigm to employ and orchestrate a lot of technology and concepts that I'm interested in :)
MIX: Mock Information eXchange, a FIX-like message format.
- More elaborate communication protocol
- Actual trading between agents with finite amounts of starting capital
- Mock Bank app to store and manipulate capital information
- More elaborate data logging
- Data visualisation
- Secure communication channel(s) (SSH, SSL)
- RESTful interface
- Agents choose between available com channels (TCP binary, SSH binary, HTTPS)
- Smarter trading choices
- Front-end web interfaces
apps/*/src/*_config.hrl for configurable values.
Watch trade log:
$ tail -f ./data/transactions.dat