I am a software developer with an interest in communication and design. I enjoy experimenting with new things to expand my knowledge and I believe that creating ways for people to share knowledge is one of the greatest goals for man kind.
I strive to be a quick learner and both a competent leader and capable worker. I am an Eagle Scout and was an active officer of the Cal Poly Linux Users Group for three years. I was awarded Cal Poly's Residence Hall Council member of the year for both 2006 and 2007. In my free time I enjoy contributing to open source projects, hiking, reading and listening to music.
Computer Science, B.S.
Fall 2006 - Spring 2011
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Google.com, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - August 2011 to Present
So far at Google I have worked on the Google Loyalty platform and on the Google Cloud Services platform.
Punchd, Mountain View, CA
Software Developer - May 2011 to July 2012
I was Punchd's backend and operations engineer until we were acquired by Google in July 2011. Once at Google I continued to maintain Punchd's servers, backend API and web frontend. I also helped implement a version of Punchd built on Google's infrastructure, but it was never released.
iFixit.com, San Luis Obispo CA
Software Developer - April 2009 to April 2011
I wore a variety of hats including -- but not limited to -- writing code to promote high quality content and a stable community, helping keep servers afloat, and working with users to develop content. I wrote code mainly in PHP and Bash, and helped maintain our fleet of servers on Amazon's EC2 Service.
- Helped create a site-wide reputation community, which began with iFixit.com/Answers
- Helped maintain various servers, located on Amazon EC2, and local development machines
- Redefined iFixit's developer work flow
Adobe Systems Incorporated, San Francisco CA
Dreamweaver Quality Engineering Intern - Summer 2007 and 2008
- Tested both daily builds and released versions of Dreamweaver against various operating systems -- including Mac OSX 10.4, Mac OSX 10.5, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Helped maintain the Server Matrix, Bug-base, and test a new test case application
- Helped develop and test the Web Widgets Feature for Dreamweaver CS4, which won the "Dreamweaver Community Feature of the Year" award in 2008.
BSA Camp Oljato, Lakeshore CA
Nature Director - Summer 2006
Camp Counselor - Summer 2002, 2003 and 2004
- In charge of four staff members and responsible for planning the activities behind and maintaining the entire Nature area at camp, with an average of about 200 kids every week for seven weeks per summer.
- Taught merit badge classes such as wilderness survival, camping, hiking, and others to children ages ten to eighteen.