This is a simple PHP based webpage to take notes in class. I did this initially as a way to research the best way for me to take notes and investigate learning disabilities associated with note-taking.
- A simple login
- Support for [gist: id##] formatting
- Auto linking of urls
- Printer friendly pages
- Gravatar support
Installation is pretty straight forward.
- Get a web host with PHP >= 5.2.0 and that you have access to PDO_SQLITE.
- Edit config.php before you start so the database is created in the right spot and your username is correct.
- Depending on your permissions (your webserver would need write access to the folder) you might need to create the sqlite db ahead of time as well.
Some future features:
- Clean up the delete setup
- Add authentication so only you can view your notes, and thus host online.
- Sync multiple instances? (use git? yet keep private?)
- The ability to sort notes on that search page.
- More stats on the view page. Word/line count?
- Better styling, of both the editor and the page. Maybe a quick button that inverses the page?
- Turn buttons to links maybe?