Building IceWM with CMake
The CMake build system for IceWM is an alternative to the traditional configure build system. The minimum supported CMake version is 3.2 (March 2015).
- for system requirements, see the INSTALL file.
mkdir build ; cd build ; cmake ..
- check the output.
To change variables, rerun the command above and add:
-DVARIABLE=value. To change the installation prefix to /opt/icewm run:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/icewm ... If some values are sticky or some checks are not rerun (although you might have installed the reported missing packages), delete the file CMakeCache.txt and try again.
- you can see more internals and documented variables with "cmake -LAH"
- CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS are appended to default compiler options. To override completely, see CXXFLAGS_COMMON in src/CMakeLists.txt
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=...(or related variables, see CMakeLists.txt) to specify the target file space (default is /usr/local)
make install DESTDIR=/elsewherecopies to another target location
- Potential tuning options for smaller binaries, build analysis, ...
-DEXTRA_LIBS="-lsupc++" -DENABLE_LTO=ON -DEXTRA_MSGMERGE=--verbose -DEXTRA_MSGFMT=--verbose
- There is a configuration example for cmake builds in rebuild.sh.
./rebuild.sh -r --prefix=/usr