pyOAuth is a Python library for dealing with OAuth.
It gives you, the developer, full control over everything that is going on. That means you can:
- Write logic to re-use HTTP connections and perform much better
- Control exactly what parameters get sent and how
- Support out-of-band verifier codes
- Use Python's HTTP facilities to their fullest extent (for example, file uploading)
- Feel confident using a library that has been fully unit-tested
The code behind the library tries to be simple and easy to understand, while refering to the relevant sections in the OAuth specification (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849). So, unlike other libraries, this is one that you can follow along with and learn more about OAuth from.
In the examples directory, there are examples of how to use the library. The canonical one is 3-legged OAuth with the Twitter API.
License (New BSD)
Copyright (c) 2011, Ilia Cheishvili All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the organization nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ILIA CHEISHVILI BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.