File Browser for Sailfish OS
There is a FAQ about most common questions.
Beta / Development Notice
This repository contains the development of version 2.0.0 and upwards of File Browser.
See the RELEASENOTES.md for further details.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This app can be used to corrupt files on the phone and make the phone unusable. The author of File Browser does not take any responsibility if that happens. So, be careful.
- Browse and search files and folders on the phone
- Open files (if xdg-open finds a preferred application)
- Preview JPEG, PNG and GIF files
- Play back WAV, MP3, OGG and FLAC audio
- Install Android APK and Sailfish RPM packages
- View contents of APK, RPM, ZIP and TAR packages
- View contents of text and binary files
- Select multiple files (by tapping the file icons)
- Cut, copy and paste files (move/copy files) (by long pressing an item or tapping the file icons)
- Rename files and folders
- Create new folders
- Delete files and folders (by long pressing an item or tapping the file icons)
- Show hidden files (filenames starting with a dot)
- Change permissions
File Browser is based on the excellent Helloworld Pro template.
The Exif data is displayed with JHead, which is a public domain Exif manipulation tool.
Other file managers
There is a very handy two-paned file manager called Cargo Dock in the Jolla Store. Give it a try if you are moving a lot of files.
OpenRepos has a powerful file manager called Filetug.
Android app stores also have file managers, such as ES File Explorer, which are good when accessing Android storage.
- Get the source code
- Open the harbour-file-browser.pro in Sailfish OS IDE (Qt Creator for Sailfish)
- To run on emulator, select the i486 target and press the run button
- To build for the device, select the armv7hl target and deploy all, the rpm packages will be in the RPMS folder
Changes in this repository (from version 2.0.0)
View official GNU site http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html.
Up until version 1.8.0
All files in this project have been released into public domain, which means that you can do whatever you want with this software. See below for details.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org