1- Installing Ruby
- Download and install Rbenv.
- Download and install Ruby-Build.
- Install the appropriate Ruby version by running
rbenv install [version]where
versionis the one located in .ruby-version
2- Installing Yarn
curl -sS https://dl.yarnpkg.com/debian/pubkey.gpg | sudo apt-key add - echo "deb https://dl.yarnpkg.com/debian/ stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yarn.list sudo apt remove cmdtest # Some Ubuntu systems comes with cmdtest installed by default. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install yarn
3- Installing Rails gems
- Install Bundler.
gem install bundler --no-ri --no-rdoc rbenv rehash
- Install basic dependencies if you are using Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libpq-dev nodejs
- Install all the gems included in the project.
Run in a terminal to install Webpacker dependencies:
Database is embedded, nothing to do here.
Your server is ready to run. You can do this by executing
rails server and going to http://localhost:3000. Happy coding!