Clone this wiki locally
Improve my city is a Joomla 2.5.x compatible component, thus is following the standard Joomla component's installation method.
- Step 1: Download "Improve my city" component to your desktop
- Step 2: Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- Step 3: In the top menu, hover over Extensions and then click Extension Manager. Under Upload Package File, click Browse and select the component that you downloaded in step 1 above. Then click Upload & Install (When the component has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will receive a confirmation message.)
- Step 4: Check that a new submenu called "Improve my city" is created under the Components Menu
###Define your categories
- Step 1: Hover over Components -> Improve my city -> Issue Categories
- Step 2: Click on New
- Step 3: Set title and alias
- Step 4: Optional. On "Basic Options" group, you can set an image to act as map icon (if you don't set an image the default red marker will be used)
- Step 5: Optional. On "Basic Options" group, you can set at notes, various emails - separated with ";". These mails will receive a notification when users submit a new issue to the specific category.
###Define a menu pointing to the component
- Step 1: In the top menu, hover over your menu of preference and click "Add new menu item"
- Step 2: On Menu Item Type click "Select"
- Step 3: A modal window will appear. Find under "Improvemycity" header the "ImproveMyCity: Default List view" and click on it
- Step 4: Complete the rest of the information (Title, alias, etc)
###Set your preferences on global settings
- Make sure you have the appropriate administrator rights to access components settings
- In the top menu under components click on "Improve My City"
- On main components toolbar click on the "Options" button
- A popup will appear with "Improve My City" settings categorized with tabs
- Set your preferences and save
Please note: It is suggested not to display modules on the side of the component and give maximum space width to the component itself for better results