AvalonEdit is the name of the new WPF-based text editor in SharpDevelop 4.x "Mirador"
Source code: You can download AvalonEdit as part of SharpDevelop 4.x from our git repository or from the build server. These builds target .NET 4.0, but the AvalonEdit source code can can still be compiled for .NET 3.5 SP1 (change the target framework and remove the DOTNET4 conditional compilation symbol). You will need to run 'debugbuild.bat' for compiling SharpDevelop so that GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs gets generated.
The source code download of AvalonEdit contains sources for a help file (created with Sandcastle, if you don't like reading the XML sources). The compiled help file is available as download on the CodeProject article.
Blogs Posts / Articles on AvalonEdit
From the Team
- Using AvalonEdit - CodeProject article
- 'lost chapters' from above article: removed because the article got too long; not completely finished
- Forum post on retrieving syntax highlighting information
- Forum post on converting syntax-highlighted text to HTML
- Forum post on converting from the old .xshd format
- Forum post on tooltips
- WPF Text Rendering Performance
- Forum post on custom highlighting (ANSI escape sequences)
- Forum post on using AvalonEdit as a rich text editor
On the Web
- AS3 Syntax Highlighting
- SQL Syntax Highlighting
- Load custom syntax highlighting from embedded resource
- Rendering text as upper-case without changing the TextDocument
- Future Focus blog posts
Links to WPF Topics
- WPF Text Blog (quite a few interesting blog posts)
- A fast font drop down list
- Advanced Text Formatting