Clone this wiki locally
A small brain dump about how to install Pootle on Windows.
Necessary downloads (URLs different from installation guide)
Download and install 6c6. Disregard notes on patching kid in the installation guide.
Not mentioned on setup page - you need lxml:
PootleServer Startup Options
C:\Pootle\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Pootle - location of .prefs files
What It Doesn't Do
- Allow editing of "main language" not there
- No merge "main language" strings to translated languages (same goes for delete)
- No dirty flags when main language string changes
What I Don't Like
- It hosts itself with its own Web server
- Rather old unmaintained dependencies
- No Web Service interface that we could program against