Clone this wiki locally
SharpDevelop "Mirador" (4.0) is based on Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Development started with a WPF frame prototype on 5th August 2008.
This page is team-maintained.
- RTM: 6th January 2011
- RC2: 19th December 2010
- RC: 28th November 2010
- Beta 4: 26th October 2010
- Beta 3: 28th September 2010
- Beta 2: 1st August 2010
- Beta 1: 13th June 2010
- Beta 1 Preview: 28th February 2010
Where to Download
Integration builds are available on our build server.
- The frame (workbench) is using WPF instead of Windows Forms (started with rev:3295 in 3.0wpf branch)
- Change Options dialog to allow WPF option panels (rev:3568)
- New localization model for WPF (please see Go To dialog) (rev:3295 in 3.0wpf branch)
- New functionality will be added with WPF, not Windows Forms
- No new XmlForms, no modifications to existing XmlForms (instead rewrite in WPF)
- Rewrite the text editor to be based on WPF, add more extensibility points (see AvalonEdit)
- User-configurable shortcuts, shortcuts compatible with VS
- WPF Designer
- Usage Data Collector to be able to analyze where to invest future development resources
- Support multiple selection in Project pad
- Add Database Explorer / EDM Designer (Philipp Maihart)
- Change the start page from Web browser control to WPF document (rev:3490)
- Add Profiler (Siegfried Pammer) (already added in SharpDevelop 3.1)
- Switch the tree-view based pads to WPF for ease of design (Project, Classes, Unit Tests)
- Improvements to the tree-views likely won't happen in 4.0. Maybe in 4.1?
- Make IL backend binding a sample (rev:6345)
- Make Component Inspector a sample (rev:6217)
- Remove Options panel for editing syntax highlighting definitions (rev:3568)
- Remove Compact Framework support (rev:6281)
Deferred / but initially planned:
- Complete WF designer rewrite
- Optional: new splash screen implementation more infos
- Not required. Our current splash screen already comes up before WPF will be loaded.
- Think Maintainability (in terms of our source code and quality tools to integrate)
- Ribbon UI. The license for ribbons is not suitable for open source projects.
- Everything WPF. Rewriting addins just because they use Windows Forms is not planned.
- New Translation Web application (ASP.NET-based, Entity Framework, WCF, SQL Server 2008) TWAImplementationNotes
- New pre-commit hook to check for adding / changing of .xfrm's and prohibit checkin (using CaptainHook framework)
- Integration of Subversion repository with Gemini bug tracker (using CaptainHook framework)