icy_picture_modify -- Piwigo plugin that allows user to modify pictures
A piwigo extension that allows users to edit any set of images.
This extension just works as the
picture_modify.php for administrator.
The code of this plugin is based on the original source
picture_modify.php of the Piwigo distribution (version 2.2.3.)
Advanced ACL is supported since he version 1.2.0.
Normal users in Piwigo system can delete image or modify image's metadata (author, date, tags, description, date, linking/represented categories.) They can upload some images to some categories.
Advanced ACL allows users to work with any set of images / categories.
The newest verion of plugin allows you to work with groups in Piwigo,
and allow user to update new version of the image (inspired from the
This plugin can work on Piwigo 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x and 2.5.x.
- Install and enable this plugin
- Install and enable the plugin
communityif you want some users to upload images to your gallery
- If the plugin
communityis installed but it isn't activated, most functions of the plugin
icy_picture_modifyis still available but user won't be able to upload images to gallery
- You don't need to configure any thing in the plugin
communitythat's because all settings for
communitywill be overwritten by
icy_picture_modify. However, the UI of that plugin is still available in case you want to moderate some pending photos.
- If the plugin
- If you have installed the plugin
photo_updateyou can disable and/or uninstall that plugin because a similar function is supported in this plugin
- Create and edit ACL file in
local/config/icy_acl.zmlin your Piwigo installation.
- Examples can be found in
- The syntax is described in the document
doc/zaml.md. Please make sure that you read some important notes in this document.
- You don't have to modify any settings for the plugin
communityMoverover, any settings of the plugin
communitywill be ignored.
- Examples can be found in
- If you are using a development version of the plugin, please clean up
the obsolete files (See
The following files are obsolsete. They need to be ported to new format and/or to be removed
local/config/icy_acl.php: need to be ported to
local/config/icy_acl.zml. After your old ACL settings are ported to new format, you can safely delete this file;
_data/icy.log: if you are using
icy_picture_modifyversion 2.0.0 or higher, you can safely remove this file.
- No international support for Piwigo 2.5.x (See CHANGELOG for details)
- No webUI for ACL editting
- If an image is replaced by a new version (using plugin
Photo update) the new version is owned by administrator, not the current user. Hence the image may not be editable anymore. You should not use that plugin to update image. You can use the setting
replace_image_ofin this plugin's configuration instead.
- This plugin doesn't support all known templates. If you are using
stripped-galleria, you may follow the instructions in this forum post http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=132380#p132380
- User can delete an image which is associated to some albums to which the user doesn't have permission to write/access. This is true as the plugin only checks owner of the image
- Images uploaded via Digikam Plugin will be in pending mode
- When user creates new sub-album, their list of visible albums may be expanded and contain all albums on the Piwigo system. This is a problem with session data, and will be fixed immediately after the page is reloaded.
- All versions from 2.1.0 to 2.4.0 have a security issue that may
break your ACL settings, and that allows any user in Piwigo system
to edit any images in the system. This problem is fixed in the version
2.4.1. Please upgrade to this version or apply the patch file
/patches/IPM-SA-2013-08-14.patchfound in the source tree.
- The guest account should have the identity
guest. If you change guest account name, you need to explicitly update setting for this account.
- The plugin won't check for user input from
icy_acl.zml, so you may trick your site by some SQL injection. Yes, if you really want to trick your site.
- Don't use any group name as any username or vice versa. That would make your configuration confused and some settings may have side-effects that are out of your control.
To get support, please create new issue at https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modify/issues
The plugin requires a webUI for ACL editting. Unfortunately, the author isn't good at template system used by Piwigo. Feel free to help us to write a webUI :)
My paypal account was locked due to Paypal's stupid policy. I can't receive any kind of donation. However, you can always rate my plugin at the link http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=563 , and if possible please send a greeting message to me ;)
The author's information
Special thanks to
- plg (Piwigo forum)
- delakut (Piwigo forum)
- IGraham (Piwigo forum)
- Kalle (Piwigo forum) IPM-SA-2013-08-13
- Flop25 (flop25 at gmail dot com)
- At Github.com: https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modify
- At Piwigo.com: http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=563
- Forum link: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17745, http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20333, http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=145328
- SVN repository: http://piwigo.org/svn/extensions/Icy_Picture_Modify/ (out-of-date)